You’ve just finished dinner, washed the dishes, and disinfected the countertops.
But something still stinks, so you give the stove and the sink a good scrub down as well, just for good measure.
Something still stinks – and you think it’s the drain.
What do you do now? (Hint: don’t reach for a chemical drain cleaner. That stuff is terrible for your pipes and the environment – you will find yourself paying for it in the long run, and not just in karma.)
- Drains need regular maintenance to keep them running properly.
Get a plumber to check if your vent and P-trap are functioning properly.
There could be a problem with the way your overflow is handled, or sewage gases could be escaping from your drain.
- You may have poured something down the drain that is stuck on the sides.
If bacteria are growing, that could be what you are smelling.
- This could be a clog that is starting to make itself noticed.
Call us before it gets any worse.
- To prevent the bad odours from invading your home again, use drain screens.
This prevents pesky particulates from going down your drain and fermenting.
- Pour boiling water down your drain once a week.
It’s an easy routine to get into, and it will save you so much trouble in the long run.
- Be aware of what you pour down your drain and ensure that everyone in your household is up-to-date on what is acceptable to pour down the sink.
Avoid chemicals, grease, and glue.
- Does the drain smell like rotten eggs? This could be a sulfur problem.
Contact your water service provider or a good technician to investigate further.
Regular plumbing maintenance can prevent this from being a problem in the future.
Call the experts at ClearView today to book an annual check-up.
Sewer & Drain Cleaning Service
Plunging not fixing that clogged drain? – We’ll be there in a jiffy
Trust your drain & sewer cleaning to professional plumbers! Sewers are a major job and can be very messy if not done correctly. They should only be serviced by professional, fully-licensed plumbers, like those at ClearView Plumbing the Calgary sewer installation and repair experts.
|Office Hours||7:30am – 5:30pm|
|Service Hours||6:00am – 10:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am – 4:00pm|