Often here at ClearView Plumbing, we are asked for referrals for current customers who have relatives or friends in other cities that are looking for a quality plumber. If you know of someone who requires a plumber, here are 8 easy questions that they should ask when seeking a quality-plumbing professional:
Does the company you work for have a plumbing license?
- The minimum requirement to operate a plumbing company is a city or provincial license. Licensing is required to protect you, the public. If you hire an unlicensed plumber, they are not accountable to regulators and won’t be available if things go wrong.
Does the company have insurance?
- Insurance protects you. Most companies will have general liability insurance, but not all do. Make the basic assumption that, if they do not advertise that they have insurance, they most likely do not.
- Is there a posted website?
- Websites are now, more than ever, a sign of legitimacy. Most, if not all, plumbing companies have a web presence today.
How long has the company been in business and have they operated under only one name?
- With one in five plumbing companies closing every year, the best way to predict whether the plumber will be around to honor his warranty is if they have been in business for a long period of time under the same name. Most companies state how long their business has been open. Be wary of companies that close due to a poor reputation and reopen with a new name.
Does The Company Have a brick and mortar address?
- Most plumbers who are uninsured and are fly-by-night often do not have a storefront. If they are a long term company, they will have their own offices.
What is a Standard Guarantee?
- Guarantees are essential in trades such as plumbing, and the better the guarantee, the better your peace of mind.
- Were you provided with a full quote before work began?
- You should be looking for a company that offers a fixed quote, despite how long the work may take. Be wary of others who charge by the hour or give open-end quotes. The work could cost a lot more if the plumber takes longer than he stated.
Is there a company vehicle and is it well maintained?
- If your plumber shows up in a ratty old van, it might be an indicator of how he will provide service. By far the most important thing you can get from your plumber is honesty, fair pricing, and high quality from a company that gives you a basis of trust.
- If you have any questions about this, give us a call. We’d be happy to help and discuss the latest Calgary cash incentives and government for plumbing and heating upgrades!
ClearView Plumbing and Heating is a Calgary Plumbing and Heating company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada which is available round the clock to carry out any type of Calgary Plumbing or Heating job.
You can reach us any time at 403-220-0090.