HVAC Technician Jobs in Calgary
We’re looking to hire the best Calgary HVAC technicians in the business
HVAC Service Technician:
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for residential customers. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in our service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service customers’ emergency needs.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting monthly vehicle inspection form. Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Maintain and submit monthly mileage log forms.
- Understand company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoice at job site. Electronically process credit card payments. Obtain customer signature at completion of job. Obtain correct customer information including email address.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is need to correct.
- Participate in company-provided training opportunities on the latest industry technologies.
- Identify and report to owner any potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
The candidate must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Five to seven years of experience in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to work cooperatively with other trades
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Effective negotiation and mediation skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate an iPad, word processing systems and programs at a proficient level
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Decision-making ability when working from a set of plans
The candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be organized
- Dress according to company standards
- Be well-groomed
- Accept responsibility for one’s actions
The candidate must also be willing to take a company-required drug test and have a good driving abstract.
For more information call 403-536-0776 or email: [email protected]
Straight from our employees themselves