Summer, for the most part, means a lot of fun, but the heat can sometimes get to you in the peak of the season.
There are some simple and effective ways with which you can cool off and keep yourself comfortable. Here are some ideas:
- Switch off the lights of the rooms that are not in use. If you keep them on, you are only wasting electricity and heat and making your room warmer. You can even consider installing switches that turn off automatically when they detect that nobody has been in the room for the past couple of minutes.
- Rooms situated on the top floor tend to heat up faster. Make sure you fix fans in your attic to keep it cooler. Also, try and stay in rooms on the ground floor as much as possible.
- Wear cotton, light-coloured clothes as they do not absorb too much heat and keep you comfortable throughout the day.
- Turn off electronic devices when not in use, as they will give out heat, making the area even hotter. Also, remember to switch off your computer and television sets when you are done using them.
- Try barbecuing on weekends – the idea is to try and cook outdoors as much as possible. A lot of heat is generated in your kitchen during the process of cooking. When cooking indoors, make sure you keep the exhaust fan on.
- Get your air-conditioning tuned for optimum cooling.
- Keep your thermostat above 22 degrees and keep it even higher when you are away – you will save a lot of money on cooling costs.
Clearview Plumbing and Heating is a Calgary Plumbing and Heating company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada which is available round the clock to carry out any type of Calgary Plumbing or Heating job.
You can reach us any time at 403-220-0090.