Most people don’t often think about carbon monoxide testing in Calgary. A carbon monoxide alarm sounded at the Inglewood indoor swimming pool this weekend, resulting in the evacuation of nine people.
Of the nine people evacuated, each one had a blood test to test for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. One swimmer was escorted to the hospital after tests indicated she had 21% carbon monoxide within her bloodstream. Luckily, she was fine and later released.
Now for the very significant portion of news to take from this story, which I originally read in the Calgary Herald. The woman who was rushed to the hospital after displaying a reading of over 20% carbon monoxide (CO), showed absolutely NO outward signs of illness. If she had shown signs of CO poisoning, they would have closely resembled flu-like symptoms. This means that, if you or your family is suffering from Carbon Monoxide poisoning, you may not know it until it is fatal. I am not trying to scare anyone, but I have always believed strongly in families taking active measures against Carbon Monoxide.
The best prevention against Carbon Monoxide poisoning is to have a professional come to your home and perform an annual inspection and test.
Give us a call if you believe your family could benefit from Carbon Monoxide testing in Calgary. Also, take a look at this past blog entry, Home Carbon Monoxide Detectors Are Not Enough to Provide 100% Protection.
Clearview Plumbing and Heating is a Calgary Plumbing and Heating company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada which is available round the clock to carry out any type of Calgary Plumbing or Heating job.
Keywords: Calgary, Calgary Carbon Monoxide, Calgary Scare at Pool, Calgary Pool Carbon Monoxide