Checklist to Help You Troubleshoot your Furnace
Winter may be just about over here in Calgary, but you may still have to use your furnace for a little longer and after a long, cold winter you may get the sneaking suspicion that your gas furnace is on its last legs. And that’s a terrible feeling, isn’t it? But before you make a call for expensive servicing to look into your spluttering gas furnace, check out the following. It could save you some time and money.
- Has your furnace been turned off accidentally? Check if the switch is on. (Check this first; there’s nothing more embarrassing than have the technician flick the furnace on and give you a dry look)
- Has the thermostat been adjusted to the ‘heat’ position? Is the temperature adjusted to your regular heat setting?
- Is there any snow or ice blocking the vent? If there is, get rid of the blockage.
- Have the batteries in your programmable thermostat gone bad?
- The circuit breaker in the electric panel may have shifted. Check if it is in the right position.
- Has the furnace door been closed properly?
- Have you had the filter altered recently?
Check off these things before you start calling for help. Many furnace problems are easily resolved by just flicking a switch or changing batteries and you wouldn’t want to go through a lot of effort and money just to have someone else do it for you! But if you’ve checked all of the following and your furnace is still acting up, just give us a call and we’ll send a technician right away to fix your furnace!
If you need to schedule an appointment, you can click here or click on the button below.
To see any of our other services, you can go to http://www.clearviewplumbing.ca.
Click here for our Calgary Furnace $99 tune up special – please note that this offer is subject to change any time.
Click here for a list of our different Plumbing and Heating specials – Please note that these specials are subject to change at any time.
Image: Napoleon Grills
Keywords: Calgary Heating, Troubleshoot your furnace, Furnace troubleshoot, Calgary Furnace, Checklist for furnace