Clogged and slow-running drains are a common nuisance that most of us would rather avoid. Having said that, there are steps you can take to keep your drains “tuned-up” and have them running smoothly.
Here are several methods to keep your drain running free and fresh:
– The kitchen sink drain is the one most often clogged -stoppages usually occur when liquid fats, carried off in dishwater and other kitchen wastes, hit a cooler pipe and then solidify. The resulting grease film captures coffee grounds and other bits of food, building up until the pipe becomes blocked.
– Be careful about what goes into the drain. Cooking grease, coffee grounds, hair and soap scum are four of a drain’s worst enemies.
– After you finish cooking, pour excess grease into a container and throw it out with the garbage, and not down the sink drain.
– Pouring hot water down the sink drain once a day will help keep it clear.
– Make sure you have a screen or grate for your shower drain. This will capture most hair and soap scum and prevent it from going through the drain.
– Pour a cup of vinegar into the drain followed by hot water after the vinegar has been allowed to stand for about a half hour.
Remember that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Try to frequently repeat the precautionary steps mentioned above to maintain the functionality and performance of your plumbing system.
ClearView Plumbing provides services of plumbing, drain cleaning repairs and installations. We help our clients get their plumbing issues fixed for less money and with less mess.
If you need to schedule an appointment, you can click here or click on the button below.
To see any of our other services, you can go to http://www.clearviewplumbing.ca.
Click here for our Calgary Furnace $99 tune up special – please note that this offer is subject to change any time.
Click here for a list of our different Plumbing and Heating specials – Please note that these specials are subject to change at any time.