Plumbing Application Form
Plumbing Technician Jobs in Calgary
We’re looking to hire the best Calgary plumbing technicians in the business
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components.
- Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout for plumbing and related materials
- Identify required tools and special equipment
- Select the type and size of pipe required
- Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment
- Assemble and install valves and fittings
- Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment, above and underground storm sanitary and water piping systems, sinks, tubs, toilets, water heaters and conditioners, plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim
- Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks
- Adhere to all building codes, installation requirements and relevant legislations
- Ensure that they have all of the required tools and parts for upcoming jobs
- Maintain a clean, organized and stocked truck
- Keep up with maintenance of company truck
- Document times spent on jobs; take pictures before and after jobs are completed
- Prepare invoices for each job and collect money before leaving site on each job, unless indicated by the office
- Communicate with respect and be courteous; never swear or use foul language in a customer’s home or when speaking to a customer
- Required to be on-call after regular business hours and weekends on a rotational basis
- The plumber may be called out at odd hours or have to work long hours in cases of emergency maintenance and repairs
- Input the model and serial numbers for large item installations and servicing contracts for these items into the database
- Be on time daily
- Ensure the customer is totally satisfied before the job is complete
The candidate must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures
- Understand the basics of hydronics in heating and cooling systems
- Installation and maintenance of plumbing fixtures, piping and fittings
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to work cooperatively with other trades
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Effective negotiation and mediation skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate an iPad, word processing systems and programs at a proficient level
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Decision making ability when working from a set of plans
The candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be organized
- Dress according to company standards
- Be well-groomed
- Accept responsibility for one’s actions
The candidate must also be willing to take a company-required drug test and have a good driving abstract.
For more information call 403-536-0776 or email: Jobs@JustCallClearview.ca
Straight from our employees themselves
The ClearView Experience
Get the full scope of ClearView and what it means to be a part of Calgary’s top rated plumbing company.
From tech-to-tech, hear the reasons our employees would recommend ClearView Plumbing & Heating before any other company.
Our Customers Love Us
Working for Kyle Lumsden
At ClearView you’ll work for a boss that actually cares about you and wants to help you achieve your career objectives.
Our green trucks are well recognized in Calgary. These top quality vehicles have enough space so you can bring everything you need to complete the service in one trip.
Excellent Pay & Incentives
Clearview Employees earn top dollar competitive wages. Our Incentives program ensures you are rewarded for your hard work and extra efforts.
Our team is dedicated to providing 5-star service to our customers that’s why we are dedicated to lend a helping hand or word of advice to our coworkers.
Training & Education
No matter your level of experience, from beginner to expert, we will work with you to get the best training possible.