Calgary HVAC Spring Cleaning Checklist
Even if it seems like winter is hanging on for just a little while longer, spring is officially here, and warm weather is just around the corner. With spring comes spring cleaning, and part of your spring cleaning checklist should involve your ventilation and air conditioning systems.
Here are a few tips to help you get your home’s ventilation system ready for spring:
1. Check your air-conditioning system before the beginning of the summer season, or better yet have it inspected by professionals from Clearview. We’ll identify any issues and potentially save you money on energy and repair bills down the road.
2. Check and replace your air-conditioning filters every month. Choose the right filter, whether fiberglass or HEPA, to suit your needs. Contact us if you have any questions and we’ll get you started.
3. Clear the drainage hole on the base of your AC cabinet. You can use a paperclip to clear it out.
4. Clean your de-humidifier by removing its housing and vacuuming it thoroughly. Allow it to dry completely.
5. Make sure you clean your bathroom fans. Make sure the power is off before you take the cover off and clean the blades. Use a toothbrush if necessary.
With these ventilation maintenance tips, you’ll be ready for warmer weather before it hits and you’re scrambling to get your AC on line. That means more time to enjoy the weather and less time spent worrying about your ventilation system.
To see any of our other services, you can go to http://www.clearviewplumbing.ca.
Click here for a list of our different Plumbing and Heating specials – Please note that these specials are subject to change at any time.