Energy SavingHeating & Air ConditioningHVAC
Calgary Heating: Home Energy Saving Tips
If you are a homeowner, keeping your energy costs down is most likely one of your main financial concerns. Depending on the size of your home, just the cost of heating in Calgary climate can quickly get out of hand if you don’t take measures to stay on top of it.
Here are some easy tips to help reduce your home energy costs.
Furnace related tips:
- Keep your furnace running smoothly in top shape. Regular maintenance will mean your furnace stays clean, lubricated, and in good working order. This will save you money and eliminate potential health problems.
- Replace your furnace filter every 1-2 months. This ensures maximum air flow.
- Look into purchasing an energy efficient furnace with a variable speed motor. This will dramatically reduce your furnace’s energy needs.
Duct and vent related tips:
- Seal any gaps around pipes, ducts, fans and vents that go through walls, ceilings and floors from heated to unheated spaces.
- Make sure that your ducts are clean. Regular service of your air ducts will ensure that your heating system is operating efficiently and safely.
- Ensure that return air grills and heating vents are clear of obstructions such as furniture, rugs and drapes. This will limit interference with the flow of heat through your home.
With just these furnace and duct related tips, you can reduce your energy bills significantly. Remember, reducing your energy demand not only saves you money, it helps save the environment too!
To see any of our other services, you can go to http://www.clearviewplumbing.ca.
Click here for a list of our different Plumbing and Heating specials – Please note that these specials are subject to change at any time.